Why Should You Consider Pre-Arranging Your Funeral?
Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-arranging your funeral are to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes; eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate a payment plan that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly bank account withdrawals. A fully funded pre-paid service also protects you and your family from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. If, at the time of death, your funeral costs less than the amount you have in your pre-paid funeral account, any excess funds will be refunded back to your estate. For more information, please speak to your funeral director. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral, these plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance
- Decide on burial or cremation, and your casket or urn type.
- Decide what type of service you want (religious, non-traditional or other)
- Designate your pallbearers, choose any music or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone. Pre-planning gives yourself, family, and friends peace of mind.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and you can change your mind at any time.
Begin Pre-Arranging Now
Northview Funeral Chapel and Cremation Centre offers the compassion, affordability, and personal touch you need to begin pre-planning your funeral.